Fans would still fall for NFL team

It's your call

October 22, 1990

Even though in the last six years Baltimoreans have found other ways to spend their Sunday fall afternoons, most still would prefer to be watching a local NFL team.

Three out of every four callers to SUNDIAL this past weekend said they want pro football to return to Baltimore, which has been without a team since Robert Irsay moved the Colts to Indianapolis under cover of darkness in 1984.

Of the 1,154 people who responded to our "It's Your Call" question, 870 (75 percent) said they wanted the city to get an NFL expansion team, while 284 (25 percent) said they could do without it.

When asked if they would buy a season ticket if Baltimore secured a franchise, 710 of those callers (62 percent) said yes. The other 444 callers (38 percent) said they wouldn't buy season tickets.

"It's Your Call" represents a sampling of opinions from certain segments of the community, but it is not balanced demographically, as would be done in a scientific public opinion poll.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.