Dorothy A. Leach Laboratory librarian

October 20, 1990

Services for Dorothy A. Leach, a retired librarian at the W. R. Grace Washington Research Center in Clarksville, will be held at 10 a.m. today at Faith Evangelical Lutheran Church, North Avenue and Wolfe Street.

Mrs. Leach, who was 77 and lived at the Augsburg Lutheran Village in Lochearn, died Wednesday of cancer at Levindale.

She retired in 1978 after 20 years at the Grace laboratory. She had earlier done similar work for the Mutual Chemical Co. and clerical work for the Chesapeake & Potomac Telephone Co.

The former Dorothy A. LaBonte was born in Baltimore and graduated from Eastern High School in 1931.

At Faith Lutheran Church, she served for nearly 20 years on the church council and also had been treasurer for several terms.

A resident of Lauraville for many years, Mrs. Leach was a former member of the Harford Center for Senior Citizens and had served as treasurer of the Lauraville Improvement Association.

Her husband, Cecil Leach, who was known as Zeke, died in 1964.

She is survived by a son, Theodore Leach of Catonsville; a sister, Catherine E. Heinze of Lochearn; a brother, Harry Daniel LaBonte Jr. of Baltimore; and a grandson.

The family suggested that memorial contributions could be made to Levindale or to the Sinai Home Care Hospice.

Baltimore Sun Articles
|
|
|
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.