Ribbon-cutting to mark office renovations


October 17, 1990|By Edward Gunts

Mayor Kurt L. Schmoke and his key development officers, Walter Sondheim Jr., David Gillece and Honora Freeman, will attend a ribbon-cutting ceremony today at 4:30 p.m. to mark the completion of$3.5 million worth of renovations at 201 N. Charles St., a 27-story, 258,000-square-foot office building built as part of the first wave of downtown redevelopment in the late 1960s.

The renovations were launched by Lexington Charles Ltd. Partnership, a British investment group that owns the building and is represented by Jones Lang Wootton USA. David Johnson, formerly of Equitec Properties, is the vice president of Lexington Charles Ltd. Partnership. Kayne Levin Neilson Bavar Realtors is han

dling leasing. Walter Geiger of Morris Architects was the project architect, and Nancy Foreman Design was responsible for space planning and interior designer.

Work ranged from exterior recladding to upgrading of lobbies and tenant areas in the building, which is 65 percent leased. Tenants include NCNB of Maryland, the law firm Tydings and Rosenberg, the law firm Anderson Coe & King; Daniel Mann Johnson Mendenhall/Kaiser Engineers; and Arcata Graphics. Gilbane Building Co. and the Leapley Co. were the contractors.

Around the region:

* The latest plans for the Maryland Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped will be on display Saturday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the library headquarters, 1715 N. Charles St. Ayers Saint Gross Inc. is the architect.

Baltimore Sun Articles
Please note the green-lined linked article text has been applied commercially without any involvement from our newsroom editors, reporters or any other editorial staff.