Who had the best baseball team of the past two decades? Technical problems prevented us from publishing the weekend results of this question today and we have extended our survey for another day. So if you didn't get a chance to call in over the weekend, you have until midnight tonight to vote. The lineup:
1. The Baltimore Orioles of 1969, '70 and '71, led by Frank and Brooks Robinson.
2. The Oakland A's of 1972, '73 and '74, led by Catfish Hunter and Rollie Fingers.
3. The Cincinnati Reds of 1975 and '76, led by Johnny Bench and Joe Morgan.
4. The New York Yankess of 1976, '77 and '78, led by Reggie Jackson and Thurman Munson.
5. The Oakland A's of 1988, '89 and '90, led by Dave Stewart and Jose Canseco.
Which team do you rate the best? To register your opinion, call SUNDIAL at 783-1800 (or 268-7736 in Anne Arundel County). After you hear the greeting, you'll be asked to punch in a four-digit code on your touch-tone phone. Punch 4600 and you'll be connected with "It's Your Call," The Evening Sun's phone survey on topical issues.
"It's Your Call" represents a sampling of opinions from certain segments of the community, but it is not balanced demographically, as would be done in a scientific public opinion poll.
Look for the results in Tuesday's Evening Sun.