Federal Contracts Report is a weekly summary of selected contracts recently awarded by the federal government to companies and other vendors in the Baltimore area.
* Mobile/Modular Express Inc. of Kingsville won a $257,715 contract from the Army to provide a lease for an administrative facility.
* Bendix Field Eng. Corp. of Columbia won a $199,274 contract from the National Library of Medicine to provide technical support services.
* AA1 Corp. of Hunt Valley won a $751,000 increment as part of a $5,557,566 contract from the Army to supply advance equipment.
* Westinghouse Electric Corp. of Baltimore won a $14,208,788 contract from the U.S. Postal Service to supply a bar code reader program.
* Cusack Company of Baltimore won a $258,325 contract from the Social Security Administration to provide a Woodlawn child care facility.
* Ideas Inc. of Columbia won a $315,851 contract from the National Library of Medicine to provide technical support services.
* RJO Enterprises Inc. of Lanham won a $13,442,008 contract from the Navy to provide research and development of the High Speed Fleet Broadcast subsystem by integrating and testing new high data rate multiplexers, high frequency data modems, modulator-demodulator/coder decoders, and an upgraded satellite receiving set.
* International Business Machines Corp. of Gaithersburg won a $9,518,279 contract from the Air Force to provide sustaining engineering tasks of support of the Air Force Satellite Control Network.
* International Business Machines Corp. of Gaithersburg won a $6,916,118 contract from the Air Force to provide integrated logistics support for the Consolidated Space Operation Center for the planned turnover to Air Force Space Command.
* Row Sciences Inc. of Rockville won a $1,683,466 contract from the Air Force to provide animal caretaker services.
* Computer Data Systems Inc. of Rockville won a $1,123,196 contract from the Federal Communications Commission to provide operations and maintenance of a government owned facility.
* A.W. Stevens & Sons of Upper Marlboro won a $561,475 contract from the Air Force to provide refuse collection and disposal at Andrews Air Force Base, Md.
* PCS/Law Engineering of Beltsville won a $466,075 contract from the Federal Highway Administration to design, construct and rehabilitate concrete pavements.
* GSX Corp. of Gaithersburg won a $433,142 contract from National Institutes of Health to collect and dispose of solid waste.
* Caelum Research Corp. of Silver Spring won a $266,642 contract from the Air Force to provide architectural services.
* IBM Corp. of Bethesda won a $271,404 contract from the Army to exercise a first year FY-91 option for software for the Tobyhanna Army Depot.