Traditional design will meet contemporary flair this fall at the Designer Show House, the newly restored Bodley-Randall House, originally built in 1715. The house, hidden within a courtyard between College Avenue and State Circle, will be on display from Sept. 28 to Oct. 28.
The Auxiliary of Anne Arundel Medical Center will coordinate the sixth designer show, with all proceeds going to Medical Center projects. Professional interior designers from Baltimore, Washington, Annapolis and the Eastern Shore will interpret the preserved and restored home, which is still used as a residence after 285 years.
Descendants of Capt. P. V. H. Weems, a pioneer in marine navigation, currently reside in the house.
Some of the highlights of the refurbished home include the ivy bedroom by Marilyn Henderson, featuring an original nymph mural painted by Missy Weems Dodds in the bathroom; the Randall library by Bonner Field of Wilson-Field Interiors, with books from the 18th-century Randall collection; and the new kitchen by Peggy Wanamaker of Kitchen Designs, complete with original 18th-century wood floors of yellow pine.