The Maryland HealthCorp Inc. has opened a 62,000-square-foot Physicians Pavilion at Owings Mills.
The four-story building contains a variety of health services, including a diagnostic radiology center, a clinical laboratory, a pharmacy and doctors' offices. The building also contains an atrium conference room.
The pavilion is located on the Owings Mills Corporate Campus across from the Owings Mills Mall. Over 50 percent of the building is currently leased to 22 doctors specializing in a variety of health fields, including internal medicine, obstetrics, plastic surgery, otolaryngology, urology, gynecology, general surgery, ophthalmology, rehabilitation and family practice.
Whiting-Turner was the general contractor on the project. RTKL was the architect.
Construction of a $3.4 million business and industrial education center has begun at Dundalk Community College.
The two-story, 28,848-square-foot structure will include 13 classrooms and two conference rooms. It will house the college's Continuing Education and Math/Science/Engineering Divisions an a new Regional Manufacturing Institute. The institute will be a support center for manufacturers.
The building will be named the Roy N. Staten Center for Business and Industry in honor of the former state legislator from Dundalk.
The center is expected to be finished in the fall of 1991.
International interior designer Rita St. Clair will open a boutique this fall featuring treasures assembled from her world travels.
The shop, called Findings, will be located at 1011 N. Charles St., in the first floor of a four-story, Greek-revival-style townhouse.
The 1,742-square-foot space, which formerly housed commercial offices, currently is being renovated, and the shop is scheduled to open in November.
Paulette Guion, general manager of the store, said that the boutique will offer decorative furnishings and collectibles personally chosen by St. Clair. Objects include antique Japanese artifacts, Venetian glass mirrors, decorative porcelain birds form Paris, American ceramics and textiles from all over the world.
The shop is located next to the headquarters of Rita St. Clair Associates, which is the general contractor on the project. Carey Construction Co. is doing the renovations.
Mid-Atlantic Properties, a real estate investment company, has purchased the Stoneleigh Shopping Center at 6803 York Road, according to Kayne/Levin/Neilson/Bavar Realtors.
The 13,487-square-foot shopping center is fully leased by a True Value Hardware store, a barber shop and a liquor store. The price was not disclosed.
Following are recent commercial real estate transactions:
* Medivision Inc. has leased 2,208 square feet of space in White Marsh Professional Center, 7939 Honeygo Blvd., according to Nottingham Properties Inc.
* A&R Inc., a wholesaler of infant and children's furniture, has leased 3,500 square feet of space at Rumsey Center, Columbia, according to W.C. Pinkard & Co.
* Sears Business Systems Center is relocating to 3,200 square feet of space in the Hunt Valley Business Center, 10944 Beaver Dam Road, according to W.C. Pinkard & Co.
* Integrated Automation Solutions Inc., a designer and producer of computer integrated systems for manufacturing companies, has leased 3,000 square feet of space in the Hunt Valley Business Center, 10946 Beaver Dam Road, Hunt Valley, according to W.C. Pinkard Co.
* Henri F. Merrick, M.D., has leased 1,200 square feet of space at Grosvenor Century Plaza in Columbia, according to W.C. Pinkard Co.
* Y.A. Yousseff, M.D., has leased 1,000 square feet of space at the Franklin Square Medical Arts Building, according to W.C. Pinkard Co.
* Futurekids, a firm specializing in computer training for children, has leased 1,090 square feet of space in the Dorsey's Search Office Building, Ellicott City, according to the Office of Community Development Division.
* The Office of State's Attorneys' Coordinator has leased 1,507 square feet of space in the Dorsey's Search Office Building in Ellicott City, according to the Office of Community Development Division.
* Central Money Mortgage Co. Inc. has leased 1,458 square feet of space at The Horizons, at Jumpers Hole Road andd Ritchie Highway, according to The Horizons.
* Eye to Eye, a full service optician and optometrist featuring fashion eyewear, has leased space in the Carrolltowne Mall on Liberty Road in Eldersburg, according to Erwin L. Greenberg Commercial Corp.
* Bumpers Family Fun Center has leased 2,000 square feet of space in the Carrolltowne Mall on Liberty Road in Eldersburg, according to Erwin L. Greenberg Commercial Corp.
* Fayva Shoes has leased 2,000 square feet of space at the Carrolltowne Mall on Liberty Road in Eldersburg, according to Erwin L. Greenberg Commercial Corp.
* Shared Expressions, a specialty store of custom photo T-shirts and related items, has leased 850 square feet of space at the Carrolltowne Mall on Liberty Road in Eldersburg, according to Erwin L. Greenberg Commercial Corp.
* The Baltimore Community Relations Commission has leased 7,725 square feet of space at the Equitable Building, 10 N. Calvert St., according to the Coldwell Banker Commercial Real Estate Services.