PET PLANS WILL be filling the calendar for the next two months, beginning with a big dog match on Sunday.
* The Baltimore County Kennel Club will hold an American Kennel Club-sanctioned breed and obedience match on Sunday, rain or shine, at Oregon Ridge Park on Beaver Dam Road in Cockeysville.
Entries, open to all purebred dogs, will be taken beginning at 8:30 in the morning with judging from 10 a.m. to late afternoon. Classes include those for puppies ages 3 to 6 months; 6 to 9 months and 9 to 12 months plus Novice and Open Adult. The fee is $5 for conformation and obedience entries and $2 for Junior Showmanship. Spectator admission is free. For match details, call Herb Rosen, 252-7555, or Don Peacock, 728-0233.
Also at the match on Sunday, the Greyhound Pets of America will have a booth with information about adopting a greyhound along with copies of its first newsletter, ''Homestretch.'' Betty Rosen, who volunteers for GPoA, says a get-together is being planned for October for those who have adopted greyhounds and those who are interested. It is still in the planning stage but for details of time and location, call Rosen at 252-7555.
* Callie Cat Adoptions members have a list of cats and kittens, available for adoption, which they have saved from inner city alleys, highways, dumpsters behind restaurants, empty sheds and anywhere they find one. Dependent upon donations, the group will have a table at the Putty Hill Park Flea Market being held 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the corner of Perring Parkway and Putty Hill Avenue. There will be donated items of collectible cat figures, dolls, statues and other trinkets. Callie Cat Adoptions can be reached at P.O. Box 6238/6502 Belair Road 21206. Or call 488-4493.
* The deadline for the Pets on Wheels photo contest for its Kitty Kalendar of 1991 is Sept. 17. Send a picture (preferably black and white) of your cat with a $2 entry fee to Kitty Kalendar, Pets on Wheels, 222 E. Saratoga St., Baltimore 21202. Call 396-1762.
* Cats will gather by the dozens when the Freestate Feline Fanciers holds its 10th Annual Cat Show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day on Sept. 22 and 23 in the 4-H Building at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium. Enter by the north gate off York Road. Entries closed Sept. 1 and total entry is approximately 175 cats. Admission to the show is $4 general; $3 seniors and ages 3 to 12. Free under 3. Show manager is Mike Jacobs, 356-9155.
* Animal preservationist and author Betty Leslie-Melville, who has lived in Africa for 29 years, will speak on ''Giraffe Conservation and African Safari'' at 11 a.m. Sept. 27 in the Pump House on the grounds of the Maryland SPCA, 3300 Falls Road in Hampden. Admission is free. Further details: 243-0099.
* Start getting in shape for the Sixth Annual Pets on Wheels Dog-A-Thon 2-mile race or 5K walk with your pet on Sunday, Oct. 14 beginning at Memorial Stadium's 33rd Street entrance. For pledges and complete information, call 396-1762.
* Rabies inoculations will be given from 6 to 9 p.m. on Oct. 2 at the Municipal Animal Shelter, 301 Stockholm St. in South Baltimore. The cost is $4. For other information, call 396-4688.
* Rabies in cats is outnumbering dogs by eight to one, according to Ray Thompson at the Maryland Veterinary Medical Association. In 1989 there were 16 reported cases in cats and two in dogs. So far in 1990, there have been four reported cases in cats and none in dogs.
In all species, there were 389 rabies cases reported in 1989. The MVMA can be reached at Box 439, Fallston 21047.